Akshay is the creator and driving force behind one of India’s fastest growing startups LeverageEdu- that connects students with experts through Artificial Intelligence and enables them with assistance in career, college applications and first job preparation. As Leverage’s founder and CEO, Akshay leads a team spread across 3 cities right now, slated to grow up to 10 cities by the end of this year. Founded out of a top business school's dorm room in 2015 and incubated in Tim Draper's DraperU, LeverageEdu began operations in April 2017 and in a very short timeframe has started to evolve as a global leader in virtual admissions and career guidance, providing an end-to-end solution for students.
Akshay has worked across multiple spokes of the business/tech ecosystemin the last decade, advised hundreds of startups across multiple accelerators, entrepreneurship programs, etc. Akshay is a profound entrepreneur with strong views on democratization of education, careers and mentorship, and to be able to transform families by way of doing that.He is an internet evangelist, and over the years become very well known in the country’s startup circles. He’s previously also worked in senior roles at Babajob, Snapdeal.
- Featured in Forbes 30 under 30(in 2020) and CNBC Young Turks(in 2019)
- Won Business World Techtors Award (2020) and TiE Entrepreneurial Excellence Award(2019)
- Speaker at prominent events:
=>FICCI, PHD Chambers of Commerce
=>Startup events organized by YourStory, other top magazines/co-working spaces/industry bodies/startup fellowships - in Delhi, Bangalore, Bombay, & more
- Selected as Prime Minister's Champions' of Change; worked closely with Niti Aayog on policy discussions
- World Economic Forum Global Shaper, represented India in Kazakhstan
- TEDx Speaker (two-time)
- ISB Hyderabad MBA > part of the top 1% of the graduating class, given Young Leader Award
- Part of Draper Fellowship in Silicon Valley - selected by Tim Draper of DFJ Ventures (famous for its investments in Hotmail, Skype, Tesla, Baidu, etc. )
- Featured in numerous national and international publications such as Economic Times, The Times of India, Voice of America, Outlook, Business World, etc.